Whitewater Jetboat Racing

Whitewater Jetboat Racing
It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:10 am

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:53 am 

Couple more days till the Riggins jet action Mag. You going this year? I can't make it, wish I could...Daughter got engaged and Family has big Engagement dinner in Redding Calif on race days. If you are keep us up to date on the action will ya.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:50 pm 

Hi Orion:
Yep I'm going. Weather report for up there says 75% chance of rain on Friday. I don't care! Those of us that were at the Worlds had 26 hours of rain and They Still Raced! I can't imagine getting hit in the face with hard rain (or partially frozen) going over 100 mph. :shock: Now thats' gotta hurt.
If I can talk a friend into letting me use the laptop, and I can get a good signal from the motel (WIFI) then I can pass any info I gather up on this board. Maybe a picture or 2 if I can figure the thing out.
Yeah. I think you should probably go. Your wife and daughter expect you to be there and it only happens once.
DO NOT even think about this scenario: Hey Honey! I'm going to the races! Be sure to take lots of pictures so I can see how wonderful (insert daughters name) looks! Say hi to all the relatives! Gotta go! :oops:
Chances are you'll come home and find all your stuff in the street! YIKES! :shock:
You'll have a good time for sure. Get to meet the future in-laws. :lol: Oh yeah. Been there. Done that.
Gotta go. Have fun!

Mag

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:13 pm 

Hi orion
Great weather! 8 boats showed up. Many of the Canadian guys went to New Zealand and some of the American crews were working on their boats or engines. ROSS Shlothower had his turbine develop driveline problems and was in and out of racing Saturday. The Maniac 313 ate it in Timezone. THE boat floats in part to the foam installed in the bow. I heard driver and nav are OK. There are MANY rule changes I never heard about till I got here! If anyone knows how the changes came about, I would like to hear how. Lots of fans showed up. Still no tracking devices. Shay White didn,t finish one leg but came back. No idea what's happening tomorrow.

Mag

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:25 pm 

wow, light showing...what were the rule changes? How was that BBQ? I love that BBQ food they chef up on Fridays, The best. 7 devils open yet?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:14 pm 

Hi Orion and everybody:
The BBQ smelled great, to bad we arrived to late to enjoy it. :cry: They had a band again this year also... Good times. Lots of kids running around :!: Watch where you step. Don't want to step on one! :lol:
7 Devils is open. Food and drinks are very good. When we came here in September, we ate here and had a good time on the outside patio.
The insurance carrier instituted a 150 foot from the shoreline rule unless certain conditions apply. This means any viewing from Lightning Creek is out. I have gotten many good pictures and film from this location. Now it's no more.
Another rule change is this capsule training thing. On the Riggins Facebook page it shows this contraption. This thing is tiny! I walked up to it while it was in the back of a guys truck. UGH! I'd rather take my chances in one of our boats than that thing.
More of the rule changes are buried in my stuff somewhere. I still have to sort it out. :roll:

Sunday
Ross and Chad (I think) had had enough with the questionable drive train and decided to retire the turbine from the race. Jeff and Jim in the Maniac didn't make the Sunday race either. What happened? They hit a roller or pressure wave wrong, which landed them on the sleepers that I posted pictures of, which then caused their momentum to throw them up on the rocks.
I saw some local pictures of the boat when its' back end sunk. It was pointing (actually floating) with almost the entire deck above water nose up. Jeff said last year the nose was filled with foam. No way that boat was going to the bottom! COOL! 8)
On the trailer, the left front of the bottom of the hull was pretty beat in but can be pulled out. To me, the foam saved the boat. This is really cheap insurance.
The wind was blowing and was really cold till the sun came over the hills. I didn't think of asking the racers if the wind was a problem. We were at Time Zone so you know what it's like anyway.
The Beauford and Cletis Stone Fish and Rock Cod trophies were there at the awards as well as granite plaques! Don't drop it. Guaranteed broken foot :!: :shock:
Barry Fenton received the invisible longest distance traveled award, while Jeff Edwardsen received the OMG (visible) award.
Awards were given out at Summersville which has a nice stage. Most everybody had a place to sit and the volume was just right. As you know, in the past, sometimes the volume at these awards gets so loud you need ear plugs.
Huge fireworks display. Kids loved it! Easter egg hunt too, between morning and afternoon legs! Funny watching adults chase little kids around while trying not to step on any of the eggs. :lol:
Time zone really crowded. Even on Sunday. Looks like 2011 on, the crowds keep getting larger and larger. Really amazing. And why not? Check the prices of professional anything lately? COUGH COUGH :evil:

More posts coming...

Mag

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 8:13 pm 

Sponsors

Some just don't understand our sport... :roll:
picture share
photo uploading
image hosting
free photo hosting

We love our sponsors... we really do!
Especially when they LISTEN to the captain!

Mag

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:05 pm 

Kids love jet boating too! Especially when toys are involved...

ImageImage
ImageImage

Always something at Riggins... :lol:

Mag

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:47 am 

Even if they could take it, there's no restroom on the race course! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yep. Just what they need after racing on snow run off. An ICE cold beer! :shock: :roll:

Mag