Whitewater Jetboat Racing

Whitewater Jetboat Racing
It is currently Mon May 16, 2022 5:53 pm

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hey Merv
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:28 pm 

Tell us about the changes you made in the family boat.

Post subject: Re: Hey Merv
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:39 pm 

Hello JB. Well the ole 06 Riverhawk got a few changes this past summer. To start with....I replaced the top with a more sturdy aluminum top and cover. Turns out I leave the top on all the time. It is nice to have on in the winter with the rain....but also in the summer for the shade. The flimsy aluminum pole frame top was not cutting it....so I had Zoller construct a more permanent top (that is still removable) but one that allows you to drive over the speed limit on the highway without tweeking it!

Good thing I did that....cuz the second major facelift the ole yellow boat got was a new power plant. Yeah....Zoller also talked me into one of those fancy LSA engines. All I can say is wow! Funnier that hell seeing the facial expressions on the glass boat guys on the lake when the ole yellow tub goes whizzing by with 9 people in it, ice chests everywhere, and skis and wakeboards mounted all over the tower. And oh yea....packing 40 gallons of fuel. Lol....yeah it gets some attention with the speeds this thing reaches. I have not gps'd it yet...but it flies! It sure woke this boat up going from the marine power 350 to the 600hp LSA. Pretty cool is all I can say.

How the heck are ya? Seems like forever since I have been on this or any forum for that matter. Took a few tries to remember my password. Cheers....