Whitewater Jetboat Racing

Whitewater Jetboat Racing
It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:37 am

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: GAS TANKS
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:45 am 

I have a jetboat that had long odd shaped tanks in the sides that rotted from sitting for six yrs. The only thing i have found are a pair of round aluminum ones for 800 to 1000 bucks anyone know of anything else.

Thanks,
Mike

Post subject: gas tanks
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:52 pm 

I have a pair of Mirax side tanks that came out of my old sled that are in great shape, let me know what the dimensions are and I'll measure mine and see if they will work for you. I also have a 120 gallon belly tank out of a Northwest Jet. E-mail me your contact info to gorillafingers@yahoo.com or give me a call at 360-914-1135

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:06 pm 

im kind of having the same problem which brought me to this site. Nice place guys!

i had 40gallon tanks on each side. And the only thing ive found to replace them is cylinders. I found a set that were 5ft long but only 8" diameter. Which only gives me 11gallons per side.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:36 pm 

I have some aluminum saddle tanks for sale. They came out of one of my old race boats. I think each one holds approx 20 gallons. I will take some measurements and post my results later. New....these tanks go for about $800 but I will be selling these way cheaper than that. Aluminum tanks are the way to fly if you can afford them. Never rot on ya and will sustain heat and other abuse while in usage. Each has a filler on top and the outlet is in the rear on the bottom of the tank with a valve shut off. I can send pic to anyone who is interested in them. Just send me an email address. Later....Merv